Wednesday 29 April 2015

URBAN RETREAT: BERLIN


Ah, Berlin: my spiritual home. 

As I am planning my upcoming trip to my favourite city, I have found myself looking back on the first time I visited, back in 2011. It was a scorching hot week at the end of May, and my boyfriend and I explored the city on two wheels, taking in as much of our surroundings as possible. We stayed in Friedrichshain; land of street art, ever-changing bars, flea markets, spontaneous gigs, and people dragging their sofas out onto the street to soak up the sun. We dangled our feet into the canal at Club der Visionaere whilst sipping exceptionally strong cocktails, and dangling our feet into the Spree from the little jetty on the island at Treptower Park whilst sipping cold beers. We hopped on an S bahn to Grunewald Forest and trekked for hours only to discover that the lake we were seeking was a nudist paradise. We took hundreds of photographs, and swore we'd return.

This will be my fourth trip to Berlin, and I'm excited to share my adventures with you.

All images, my own.















1 comment:

  1. My love for Berlin is unreal and this post has fueled that love even further - such beautiful photographs :) X

    www.farawaylucy.com

    ReplyDelete